Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 7

When Rick Warren said in the video last week that you couldn't try harder when it came to loving others, I wanted to disagree with him.  In anything else I've wanted to improve, I've always been taught just to work at it and I can improve.  Its always worked for me in tennis, running, school work, etc.  Why can't it work with loving others?  If I just give loving for others a little extra attention, I can improve on it. Day 7 taught me that I can only improve a certain amount by my own effort.  If I want to love people the way God loves people, I have to spend time away from people like Jesus did getting to know God, both who he is and how he loves.  Until I love God with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength, I cannot love people the way God desires.

 

When I first read about the one person assignment that we talked about in ABF on Sunday, I spent a lot of time thinking about what person I choose.  Day 7 made it clear.  Love like Jesus did.  He loved the people wherever he happened to be and whoever he came in contact with.  What a novel concept.  I guess a ought to love the customers at the jewelry store, as well as the employees, and maybe even the waitress at the restaurant, and just maybe my wife and kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment