Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day 3 - Love with all your Heart

Love God with all your heart,  soul, mind, and strength.  How important do you think the word "all" is?  Could it be the difference between having a fruitful, meaningful life and not one?

 The author made it clearer to me what this love looked like when he defined heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Love God with all your emotions, will, thoughts, and actions, and that if real change is going to happen in my life, I have to love God in all four of those ways.

Today's focus was on loving God with all my heart/emotions/feelings.  I have a one hour drive this morning, so I am going to try to do the suggested steps for praying more emotionally.  I have them written on a note card to walk through on my drive:
1.  Talk to God about feelings.
2.  Talk to God about my weaknesses.
3.  Talk to God about His strengths.
4.  Tell God my fears.
5.  Pour out to God the desires of my heart.
6.  Openly and emotionally admit my sins to God.
7.  Say out loud what I know to be true.

The question, "Do I tell God what I feel or do I tell him what I think He wants to hear?" hit me right between the eyes.  Tell God how you feel today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment