Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 38: Love your Enemies

Does the love I exhibit in my life look any different than the love of a non-believer?  I love my wife, so does he (not my wife, he better not love my wife).  I love my kids, so does he.  I love my friends, so does he.  The bible says what makes me different is I should love my enemies.  Do I really?  I don't want to love my enemies.  That's going too far isn't it? If you wrong me, its hard to love you.  It is only through total dependence and connection with Jesus that I even have a chance of loving my enemies.  I have to recognize his tremendous love for me, even when I wrong Him, and let His love for me flow through me to my enemies.

Powerful statement in the book: "The Golden Rule must be applied not only when the relationships are going right, but also when they are going wrong."

No comments:

Post a Comment