Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 32: how humility handles our tendency to compare

I'm having to type this post on my phone so I'm sure there will be
typos, so please forgive. The humble life of being married to an
educator who is always working and will not let me borrow the
computer. (hope you noticed my ability to work the word "humble" into
that last sentence, since that's what the focus is this week.)
"Greatness is a matter of humbly living the life God gave u to live.".
Convicting/tough statement for me. I'm obviously not great and I'm
also left with a lot of questions. How do I know I'm living the life
god wants me to live? I could just be living the life I am because
I'm lazy or selfish or afraid to take risks or afraid to step out of
my comfort zone or even afraid to dream big or pray big. I guess I
need to humbly live the life God has called me to live, not the life
the world or my selfishness wants me to live. Consequently, I have to
know God to know his plan for me and I also have to learn the art of
contentment and not compare his plan for me with his plan for say Andy
Stanley.

Prayer: God wherever u put me, I'm going to do something that makes a
difference for u in the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment