Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day 17

Andy Stanley did a sermon series and has a book on this topic called "It came from within."  If your tongue causes you to stumble as much as mine does, you ought to google the sermon series and listen to it.  I've listened to it several times.  One of his main premises is that we have a filter that we have learned to use over the years that keeps us from saying things that we might regret.  Occasionally something slips out and we say, "I can't believe I just said that, that's not really me talking."  When actually the little slips of the tongue reveal more about who we really are then the everyday person we present ourselves to be.  If you are like me and your mouth gets you into trouble, you don't have a tongue/mouth problem.  You have a heart problem.  Your words will not improve until you deal with your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment