Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 31: How Humility Handles Our Need to be Noticed

If anybody would struggle with humility, it would have to be a professional athlete.  Lots of people look up to them and plenty of pros think they are untouchable and the world revolves around them.  Sports Illustrated did a feature article on Albert Pujols.  He is one of the best baseball players in the major leagues right now.  If you want to know what humility looks like, read this quote from him below:
 
"You know how I want people to remember me?"..."I don't want to be remembered as the best baseball player ever.  I want to be remembered as a great guy who loved the Lord, loved to serve the community and who gave back.  That's the guy I want to be remembered as when I'm done wearing this uniform.  That's from the bottom of my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment